Sunday, January 27, 2013

I'm leaving on a jet plane......


Hello family!! 
I get to email early this week because we leave on Monday! I hope you all are doing well! You sound good from the dear elders and notes I got this week! Everything had been great here.
First, I just want to say thank you a million times for all the packages. Mom, thank you for all the good stuff in your package;) it was exactly what I needed. 
LAURA. Thank you so so much. You make dreams come true. Seriously. Last night at dinner I was thinking, I could really use some Cafe right about now and later that night. Bam. Chips and queso waiting for me. I was so so happy and so excited. It was so good and all of the Sisters in my room were so happy. So thank you. I love you! (p.s. are you related to..I think his name was Aaron Collette? He's a trainer for the orientation we had yesterday) 
Thank you to the Miller family as well!! You are so sweet to think of me! Thank you so much for all the treats and notes. It made my day. You are all so wonderful and I miss you so much! 
Dal, Ange, and Emril. Thank you for the cupcakes. You three are my favorite dreamers. Keep up all the hard work. You are my top dudes. Also Dal, thank you for the letter. That made my day. Seriously. 
J, thank you TOO for the cupcakes. Seriously. The Elders were drooling over them. You're the best. I LOVE YOU. 
Quincy and Harrison, I love you. Good luck with school this week. I hope everything is going well. 
DAD! Good luck on your talk! You'll do great. You always do. I loved what you sent me. Just remember, don't cry:) 
This week was great! We got yet another chance to go to the TRC with our same investigator. She's become our best friend. We had time to sit and talk to her about a bunch of different things. One of the teachers that is over our entire zone said something about how we were part of the last "3 week program" for a reason and that there was a specific reason why we weren't part of the two weekers. I honestly think it's because of this TRC opportunity we've had. This lady changed my outlook on missionary work and gave me a boost in confidence. I'm so grateful for everything we learned being with her. She's a life changer. I'll have to send you the picture we took with her.
Funny story...you know the district videos we were requested to watch before we came to the MTC? Well 80% of the missionaries in those videos work at the MTC and they are like mission celebrities. Since we've been teacher-less all week we've had subs everyday and four of those missionaries have been our subs. Everyone in our zone gets so jealous because they really are famous around here. We watch video clips of them everyday for different lessons we have and it is so funny when people walk in and see them. It's really like celeb status.
Anyway, they've really focused this week on everything we need to know about going into the field. We had a 9 hour "in-field orientation" yesterday that was surprisingly enjoyable. A lot of the things we talked about made me really excited to get out and teach real investigators and working with members. 
I'm a little nervous for the next few days but I know they are going to be great and it is going to be such a learning experience. I'm so grateful for the love and support. I can't say thank you enough for the outpouring of love I've felt since I've been here. Thank you for all the packages, letters, dear elders, and classroom visits. I know this is the Lord's work and it is hastening. They referred to us this week as a tsunami of missionaries who are about to flood the earth. It is such an exciting time to be a missionary. I know this gospel is true. I know that Christ is my Savior and Redeemer. I know that we can find strength in the Lord and rely on Him for anything. I know that our prayers our heard and that He is so aware of us. I'm so thankful I get to be a missionary.
I love you all so very much. Keep in touch.
Love you to the moon and back. See you soon.
Love, 
Sister Webber

No comments:

Post a Comment