Tuesday, January 22, 2013

T-5 days and counting


Hello family!
It sounds like everyone is doing well! I hope you all have had a good week. Time is flying here and we leave in five short days. Monday is going to be here before I can even think twice about it! First, thank you for that package mom. You are one inspired mother. I got sick on Wednesday night and that medicine got here on Friday. You knew without me even telling you. So thank you for that. I couldn't have survived this week without it! Also, if you could tell our sweet friend Elaine that she is in my prayers. Also, I was so sad when I found out that she was speaking at devotional. Wish I could have been there. I heard it was wonderful:)
This week was a crazy one! We are now considered "week three" missionaries which is crazy to think about. Last Tuesday night was the last devotional with the mission president, President Brown (the new president is President Nally from Highland-don't know if you know them), and Elder Holland came! None of the missionaries knew he was coming so it was quite a wonderful surprise. When he walked in an immediate difference was felt in the room. It was such a great devotional. He is one powerful speaker and sure knows how to pound that pulpit. He talked a lot about how we need to speak boldly as missionaries and also said that we all must have done something extra in the line up in heaven to get to be missionaries at this very moment. It was great.
Wednesday my companion and I had our round two in the TRC with our same investigator, Lawanna. It was rough and she could tell that I was getting frustrated but trying not to show it. She "broke character" towards the end and spent the last thirty minutes teaching us. It was the most humbling and best learning experience I think I've had since I've been here. I was crying like it was my day job. So was my companion. It was a good thing though, we needed it and they told us that it was going to be our last time teaching those investigators so we ended on a good note, thankfully.
Thursday we got our travel plans! We have to report to the travel office at 3:30 in the morning on Monday but I'm still so excited. I bought a calling card today so I'll probably end up calling while we're at the Salt Lake airport because our layover in Detroit isn't really long. So just plan on Monday morning.
I have two different teachers everyday and one came to dinner with us a few days ago and we got talking and he's from South Carolina and knows our besties the Browns! Kirk Lester is his name and he said he knew Rhen and Kori and Acacia! I got so excited about it! Speaking of Brother Lester, on Saturday he came in and told us that he wasn't going to be our teacher for the rest of the time we're here because his dad passed away this weekend and he would be going home. We're really sad he's gone and they haven't gotten a replacement yet. So yesterday during the time when he was supposed to teach us, we joined with another district and got taught by none other than The Colony's own Cade Dopp. I was so excited about it. The Elders in my district keep asking how I know everyone here because I know 80% of the teachers we see and 50% of the missionaries here are from Lone Peak or BYU wards. But it's nice to see familiar faces everywhere.
Sundays are wonderful around here. Sister Wixom, the general Primary President spoke to us in Relief Society. We sang primary songs throughout her talk and I loved it. I can testify of the power of music. Few things bring the Spirit into a room like hymns and primary songs. I was a blubbering baby every time we sang. It was wonderful and the Spirit was so strong. During Sacrament meeting on Sunday while the Sacrament was being passed, the branch next door to us was in the middle of their special musical number...an Elder singing Savior Redeemer of My Soul. Our family theme song with the arrangement we always listen to on Sundays. It brought me right back to home. Such a tender mercy. I love how much GOOD music is heard here.
Yesterday we had a surprise from the TRC telling us that we were going to meet with our investiagators again. We had about a ten minute warning before we were supposed to go and meet with Lawanna again and I thought I was going to have a heart attack. But we prayed about it and decided that we should just talk to her "out of character" and learn about her conversion story with her missionaries. This lady is such an amazing person. Again, I was in tears (shocker..I know) as she bore testimony of the power we have as missionaries. She kept telling me to "just love the people, and the Spirit will take care of the rest. Be patient with them and take baby steps. And love them with everything that you have." She kept telling me that there was someone in North Carolina waiting just for "Sister Webber" and that I was going to change someones life. It was the definite boost that I needed after a long, hard week with all of our investigators. I will be forever grateful for her and all that she taught us.
To my Colony kids, THANK YOU for the care package of goodies and letters and for Trev's homemade cookies. I was a giddy child when I came into my classroom and found it. And thank you Philip for being the post man. You're the best.
Aaron-thanks for visiting me. Bring Carls next time, okay? ;)
Quince-CONGRATS on passing your road test. I can't wait for you to be a pro driver when I get back.
Harrison-I'm glad you're feeling better. and kick butt in the play. Break a leg, but not for real;)
J-thank you for writing me:) you're the best. A letter is coming for you to the house.
Kawetia- I miss you more everyday. We better tell the news stations to be in the SLC airport July 2014 to see this reunion. No one's gonna want to miss it:) I love you girl. Keep it up.
This cafeteria food is aaaaallll tasting the same these days. So I've been missing my Cafe Rio lately. Mom all I've been craving is DC and man hugs. The Elders think it's hilarious that we can't hug them so they always hug each other and say, "you wish this was you." YEAH. I DO. But my time will come for my huggy side to come out again:)
Well my time is almost up. But I LOVE ALL OF YOU. I hope you are all doing well. You are all in my prayers. Thank you so much for the love and support you give to me. I couldn't do it without you all. This gospel is true. This IS the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that our Father in Heaven hears our prayers and is aware of our needs. I know we are children of God. He LOVES us. He loves us so much. I'm glad I'm a missionary. The Lord's work is hastening and I'm so lucky to be a part of it at this time.
Love you all to the moon and BACK.
Love always,
Sister Webber


























No comments:

Post a Comment