Monday, August 12, 2013

The NCCM



Hello my lovelies.
Fun fact about me for today-I hate emailing. I wish I could just pick up the phone on Mondays and word vomit my week at you and then hang up. A blank email is too intimidating and I never know how to fill it. Plus, I don't have a lot of time today so forgive me if it's vague.
Our Jewish friend is doing well. I was really worried about him after a little freak out he had last week. But then on Friday night we met with him at the Craven's house with President and Sister Craven and it was brilliant. It was seriously the best and I wanted to have every investigator I've ever taught sit down and talk to President Craven. He is an incredible teacher and helped him to simply understand our expectations. He came to the Elder's baptism on Saturday night and cried through the whole thing and yesterday he stayed for all three hours of church. It was great. He is so full of obscure questions but we bring them all back to the Book of Mormon and the Restoration of the gospel. He's getting there. He'll be baptized soon.
We had a few really good lessons with another investigator this week. There is a woman in our ward who has reached out to her and become like a big sister. After their yw activity this week we went to the church to show her the baptismal font and walk her through how her baptism service would go. We talked about the why of being baptized and watched the Bible video when Christ was baptized. I have never been more grateful for technology as I am when we can whip out one of those videos. The ipads make sense to me now. All the wonderful things that the church puts online are incredible. Unfortunately she won't be getting baptized this weekend. But we're planning on the end of the month. Pray for her. and her mom!
Sister Jameson had a birthday on Saturday and some of our favorite members of the ward had us over for dinner. It was like a birthday party for the two of us. They got us both gifts and made the best food. Harrah for being 22 (even if I'm still 20:). (I'll send pictures)
OH. Last night the members we ate with invited a friend over who has asked them a lot of questions about the church. She was so great. She had been to Salt Lake before and been on all the tours with the missionaries there and was fascinated by the missionaries. She is a twin of Kathy and the whole time during dinner and while we were teaching her I just wanted to give her a hug because she. is. Kath. We're meeting with her again tomorrow. I'll let ya know what happens.
I think I told you before, but the mission is reading the Book of Mormon together right now and focusing on the Doctrine of Christ. I am learning so much everyday and clearly realizing how the Atonement is central to the Doctrine of Christ. We would not be able to live with our Father in Heaven again if it were not for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. God's mercy is perfectly portrayed through the Doctrine of Christ. Having faith in Jesus Christ, repenting, making sacred covenants, receiving the Holy Ghost, and enduring well to the end is the way. It is so simple and us as imperfect beings make it complicated. It's the process of becoming and I'm grateful we have it! It's the only way we can progress. -there's my thought for the week
I love you all. I hope your last weeks of summer time are wonderful. Thank you for all the love and support! You're the best!
Love always,
Sister (Carolina) Webber
p.s. Dad: my bike is fixed:) I hunted down the maintenance man at our complex so we could borrow tools.








No comments:

Post a Comment