Friday, October 11, 2013

A Mission Superbowl Weekend

General Conference is the best time of year. Hands down. I think I'll watch conference at the church building even when I come home. #convertedforlife :) (I'm convinced based on the pattern of the last three conferences that Elder Holland and Peter spend time together in the upper rooms of the Salt Lake temple.)

It's been a week of spiritual boosts. There have been so many little tender mercies that have lifted my spirit and solidified my testimony.
We got to go to transfers this week to take Sister Shumway. I cannot explain to you how wonderful it is to be at those meetings and not worry about going anywhere. It's the best. We saw Steve and Shauna there. They were at the Hilliard Building for something else and he said he heard missionaries singing so he came and found us. It was good to see him again. We had MLC this week too. which was another great experience. We talked about how we are agents of change not only for our investigators but for ourselves. I thought about where I was spiritually, emotionally, and physically a year ago and reflected on all the change that has occurred in the last year.  I reflected a lot on all that has happened the last year of my life and I am tremendously grateful to my Father in Heaven for the many blessings that have come into my life from serving this mission. I am forever changed because of the things I've learned from the Spirit, other missionaries, and President and Sister Craven. I am grateful the Lord loves me and knew I needed to be here even if I didn't know it. He knows the beginning to the end and is aware of what we can become. Each day the Doctrine of Christ pierces my soul. The love and mercy that our Father in Heaven has for us is provided through the Doctrine of Christ, through the ability we have to change and set aside the things of this world to become new creatures in Christ. My understanding of this deepens each day while I study the Book of Mormon. I love it.

I love the Book of Mormon more everyday! Last week while out finding, we had a run in with some folks that had opinions that were very opposed to our beliefs. It didn't take long to realize that it wasn't going to go anywhere and that we needed to leave. We testified of truth and thanked the couple for their time. It was an experience I'll surprisingly cherish. It was one that helped me realize how far I've come. This same experience would have shaken me months ago. My heart was filled with the Spirit as a realized what a precious gift I have to have the gospel in my life and a knowledge that the Book of Mormon is true. When this man was trying to convince us that what we knew to be true was wrong, the Spirit testified to me that it was true and that through abiding its precepts, we can grow closer to our Father in Heaven and become more like our Savior Jesus Christ.
The work is going good! We had a good talk with Rachel on Friday night and she came to conference on Sunday. Tawanya has turned right into a member missionary. She drags her brother with her everywhere. She and Dequon came to the church to watch conference and she brought a friend from school with her too. It was great. Pray for the people of Charlotte to soften their hearts and be open to the gospel!
I love y'all! I hope you have a wonderful week!
Love, Sister Webber
P.S. all eyes viewing this..write me a letter:) Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment