Sunday, July 13, 2014

Merica

My loves and lovers,
Happy late 4th of July to you all! It sounds like you all had a great weekend. :) heh heh ;)
Also, someone please wish Noni a happy birthday today for me!! Tell her she doesn't look a day over 30! and that I love her to death!
We have had a wonderful week! The more time that passes, the more tender my heart is about everything that is going on. We had zone meeting this week and I went on my 75th and last exchange. I couldn't believe it. It was really great! I'm grateful I've had the chance to spend so much time with so many different wonderful sisters on my mission. It has been quite a learning experience!
Earlier in the week after we had dinner with our Branch President and his wife, they took us to a lady's house and kept referring to where we were going as "felecia's meeting" There is a well known woman in the area that is known for being very...spiritual, I guess would be a good word to use. and once a week has a meeting at her house where people of all different faiths gather and discuss different topics. I was a little apprehensive when they would talk about it but figured it could be a good teaching opportunity, so we went. Everyone began with a prayer. We all took a turn and it was fascinating to listen to the different prayers offered. Felecia decided that the topic was going to be idols. the subject got changed multiple times throughout the discussion and Sister Simmons and I sat back, observed, and listened.
After time had passed, President Taylor pointed at us and said, the sisters are being pretty quiet! I know they aren't! So Felecia asked us a question about what we thought of idols and asked our opinion of the younger generation. We talked about how anything could be seen as an idol if it's distancing us from God. I referred to a mormon message we had watched earlier that day from Elder Christofferson about daily spiritual sustenance and explained that anything that was keeping us from gaining that daily spiritual sustenance was an idol to some degree and we were putting that before God. She asked what could give us spiritual sustenance and we started listing the typical "sunday school answers", prayer, scripture study, attending church, the sacrament, service, etc.
It was fascinating to watch the reaction of the people in the room. Felecia grabbed a piece of paper and started writing down everything we said and told us this would all be perfect for her addiction class she conducted each week.
I reflected on the experience all evening and over the next several days and thought it was interesting that the simple truths we are taught in nursery and primary to strengthen ourselves spiritually and help us build our relationship with our Father in Heaven was such a novel idea to these people who are so deeply rooted in religion and the Bible. My heart was full of gratitude for the knowledge we have and the constant revelation we receive from a prophet of God on how we can grow spiritually.
It was quite an experience. Felecia is going to be a great member in the very near future. I know it.
The fourth in Patrick County was less than exciting! But we wore our red, white, and blue with pride and watched a sad firework display from our window. They tried though, so that's what really matters, haha. I've been spoiled my whole life with the Cedar Hills fireworks. they just can't compare :)  
I love you all very much. Thank you for all the love and support you so freely give! I know this is Christ's church, lead and guided by living prophets and apostles! I know we have a loving Heavenly Father who knows us perfectly. This is the Lord's work! It is a miraculous thing to be apart of! What a blessing!
Love y'all!!
Love,
Sister Madi Webber

also, they sent me all my travel plans in the mail this week. every time i picked them up, my heart started pounding. ahhhhh its so soon. cant wait to hug you forever:)
















No comments:

Post a Comment