Monday, February 25, 2013

Hey y'all

Hello family! Sounds like everyone had a good week! Thank you for all the emails and pictures. I love all of them. 

It's been freezing here all week as you can see from the picture, the rain hasn't stopped. Yesterday we spoke in church and it went so good. Mom and Dad, you'd be so proud. I got up and spoke for over ten minutes without every word written out before hand. It was a good sacrament meeting all about missionary work. I love the ward I'm serving in. The members are seriously the BEST. It feels like I'm in my home ward and like I've been a part of this ward for years. They are so loving and so kind and SO helpful. 

We are finding success in most areas around here. The Savior's Peace and Blessing that I told you about a couple weeks ago really works miracles with door contacting. It amazes me every single day. My testimony is strengthened every time we get to share it with someone. We had a good long discussion with an Irish man who "used to be Catholic" and he was fascinated that we were missionaries by choice. For the first five minutes we were speaking he didn't realize that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints meant that we were Mormon too and he looked at me so intently and said, You look like a Mormon. And I said well then it's a good thing that I am! He was eating up everything we were teaching to him. He's nervous to have us come back because of how he thinks his wife will react but I see good potential in him. So we're going to keep trying. 

Our other investigator is GOLD. At our lesson with her this week she told us she knew everything we've been teaching her is true and she has such a good heart. We committed her to baptism and tried to commit her to a specific date. She has a few major road blocks in her way but we are praying for that desire to be baptized to outweigh the other things she's dealing with. But she knows it. You can tell by just looking at her and listening to her talk. It'll just take a little time. 

We had a family with really good potential that had been taught by Elders in the past and they had all asked us to contact them again and I was so excited about it and had such a good feeling about it. We stopped by their house and their son who is probably Harrison's age was so excited that we were there but his parents weren't home so we took down their numbers and called them later and they told us they had "decided to take their faith another way." I don't think I've ever been more heart broken in my life. I cried when I got off the phone with them just because I knew what their family could have. I KNEW how much happiness was going to come into their lives and their home. It killed me and to see how excited their teenage son was about seeing the missionaries again just broke my heart. BUT we will keep them on our radar and keep praying for them. They'll come around eventually. I know it. 

We heard the big news about all the new missions on Friday afternoon from our Bishop and we got a call from President Craven about it on Friday night. Some of the new missions change our boundaries but President Craven told us not to stress about it until July. I told my companion that if they put me in a different mission with a different mission president, I'd make a scene, haha:) So kudos to Kate for handling that change like a champ. I couldn't handle it. But it is such an exciting announcement! The work is HASTENING. and this change is clear evidence of that. I love this work. I love being a missionary during this crazy and exciting time. I LOVE it. I love putting on a name tag everyday and telling people that I am a representative of Jesus Christ. My testimony and knowledge of that grows every time I say it. I love this gospel and I love my Heavenly Father. I know he loves each ones of us SO much and wants each one of us to be happy. I know my family is forever and I couldn't be more grateful for that. I love you. I'm praying for you. you are in my thoughts and prayers every minute of everyday. 

Love always, 
Sister Webber 

Good thing she found out where she needs to go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment