Sunday, May 18, 2014

Happy Easter


Mango, mango.
Mom, thank you for the package. I don't think anything on earth makes
me more excited than when I feel the love my family has for me. Thank
you so much. I wore that cute shirt for Easter Sunday. I'll send
pics:)

What a week. I don't even know where to begin.

Last week during one of our exchanges, a sister and I went to contact
a former investigator from our area book. We got there, prayed, got
out of the car and a young man was walking out of another apartment.
We introduced ourselves, asked him if he knew his neighbors, he didn't
and told us he just moved to Charlotte from New York, I asked him if
he'd found a church yet, he said no, we told him we were there to
invite him to church so he said, "tell me about it" so we taught him
the restoration, invited him to read and pray about the Book of Mormon
and come to church with us, he said he couldn't wait to do it, we
invited him to be baptized and he said yes with such excitement in his
eyes.
This week. Sister Tanner goes back over to his apartment while I was
in Kannapolis on exchange. His mom answers the door and says, "you're
Mormons. Come in." They went in, and she told them all about how her
sister was a convert to the church, married in the temple, lives in
South Jordan, with a son about to leave on a mission. Woah. These are
the kind of people we're looking for. Already attached to the church
in some way, whether they realize it or not. They are the elect. It
was wonderful. We're meeting with their family tonight. Pray for
Jerome and his fam.

Also, while on exchange in Kannapolis, we went to dinner at a members
house and this member had invited three of these sisters investigators
over for dinner too. On the way to dinner Sister Buckley was telling
me about how these investigators had been taught forever and were
having difficulty committing. We get there, the mom comes up and asks
if they could be baptized on the 26th. Um, yes. Yes you can. Miracle
city.

I don't know if y'all follow the weather much in Charlotte, but if you
do, you're aware that Friday and Saturday were a torrential downpour.
Saturday, naturally is car fast day so we were on our bikes. Let's
just say waterproof gear ain't all it's cracked up to be. It was
insane. We got to an appointment and our investigator looked at us and
said, "girls! What happened to you!" She ended up taking our jackets
and blow drying our skirts off.  We also had a voicemail from a member
in the ward that passed us on our bikes and said, "something is wrong
with you two." The Lord's servants never rest!! Haha

The Because of Him video was our greatest ally this week. Everyone
will listen "to an Easter message" which without a doubt would end
with them in tears, testifying of their love for the Savior. It was
the best. Perfect lead in to the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus
Christ.

Yesterday in Gospel Principles the teacher went off on a tangent about
challenges and difficulties in life. One of the Elders talked about
how we wouldn't be able to continuously strengthen our faith and
testimony of Christ and His Atonement if we didn't face trials and
adversity. The teacher said, "Don't go through life seeking out the
easy path." It reminded me of President Eyrings talk, Mountains to
Climb and how praying for challenges brings us closer to Our Father in
Heaven. I've mustered the strength to do that as a missionary. The
Lord gives us those challenges, I testify to that. But he makes us
stronger, and able to bear those afflictions.
I don't want to easy path in life. The natural man in me wants to easy
path, the lazy path, and the path of least resistance. But none of
that will prepare me to live with God again. President Spencer W.
Kimball, said: "There are great challenges ahead of us, giant
opportunities to be met. I welcome that exciting prospect and feel to
say to the Lord, humbly, 'Give me this mountain,' give me these
challenges."

I know through the Gospel of Jesus Christ we can unlock the Redeeming
power of the Atonement. I love this gospel.

Love you all so much.

Sister Webber











No comments:

Post a Comment