Thursday, November 28, 2013

Give Thanks

FAMILY!
Y'all are the best. Sounds like it was quite a week in the Webber home and like another very eventful one is approaching. There is so much to be grateful for! What an exciting week it is. Don't be afraid, we already have two thanksgiving feasts lined up. I'm open for more if the members are offering. :) I accept the challenge to eat all day long.
This week was crazy! We're in a 5 week transfer and we have a million exchages to get done so we're all over the place. PLUS Elder Quentin L Cook came to our mission on Friday! I was going to tell you last week that he was coming but...I couldn't. But he came and the whole mission came to Charlotte and it was wonderful! He wasn't here for long because he had a stake conference to go to on the other side of the state but here's some of what he said, it's going to be scattered but I want to give you some of the notes I took because it was so great.
First of all, he was mission companions with Elder Holland...dynamic duo of I ever heard of one.
His mission president, Elder Marion D Hanks had all of his missionaries memorize this, "There is no chance, no fate, no destiny that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul."
Spiritual experiences come not because we want them but because we need to bless somebody else.
Quoting President Hinckley, "Tell the missionaries if they have more faith, they will have more success."
Hearts can be softened as a result of missionaries' faith.
Never underestimate the power of the faith of a righteous missionary.
As missionaries, you are called to be warm and gracious and Christlike. People need to know that you love them.
When you're inviting people to make commitments, you're inviting them to get answers from heaven.
We underestimate the power of what The Lord can do for us.
The Atonement overcomes all that is terrible in this life including unfairness.
There's more but there are a few good one liners from it. He ended with an apostolic blessing on our mission and said, You're not only blessing those you teach and yourself, but you are blessing anyone who is close to you now as well as those who will be close to you in the future.
He is incredible. It was so great and his wife is the sweetest lady.
I hope y'all have a great week with all the family! Have a happy thanksgiving and eat all the best food until you can't breath.
We have so much to be grateful for. I can't express in words how thankful I am for this gospel. For the blessings it brings into my life each and everyday. I'm so grateful for this opportunity I have to devote all my time and attention to serving the Lord. It's such a blessing. How thankful I am for each of you and the wonderful examples you have been in my life. I'm thankful for the love and support each of you continually give to me. I am so thankful for my wonderful family. I don't know how I got so lucky to be eternally linked to each of you, but it makes me happier than you'd ever know.
You're in my prayers.
Love always,
Sister Mad Webber












No comments:

Post a Comment