Monday, December 30, 2013

And a happy new year

Hey y'all!
It was so good to see y'all this week! All your beautiful faces made
my week! It's been a good week in North Carolina! We had lots of fun
with the holiday! It was really fun. Christmas Day I got to see Y'ALL.
Which was the best.

But what a marvelous week to be a missionary! So often as missionaries
we tend to have an outlook that holidays are going to be the worst
days of our missions full of homesickness and heartache. When in
reality, it is one of the best experiences we get to have. Caroling on
Christmas Eve to the less active and part member families in our area
was a blast. We had such a good time and met many more people along
the way that were in the Christmas spirit and allowed us to share our
testimonies with them. It was incredible.

I was able to finish the Book of Mormon. I couldn't be more grateful
for the opportunity I had to read the Book of Mormon with the mission
and focus on the Doctrine of Christ and Christlike attributes. I don't
believe there is a way we could better understand the Doctrine of
Christ than to study it directly from the written words of Christ
Himself. Over the last six months I have come to understand what the
Atonement really is and how it can be a blessing for me. Through this
study, the quality of my personal prayers has increased as I've worked
to align myself with the will of The Father through the Atonement of
Jesus Christ. I'm becoming a new person. The Book of Mormon reading
has changed who I am for the better. Continual knowledge and
understanding comes as I pray for more light. I know our Father in
Heaven is aware of us. I know He loves us. I know this is His
everlasting gospel. I know that Jesus is the Christ. That His gospel
was restored through a prophet of God and that living prophets are on
the earth today to lead and guide us. I know that this is the Lord's
work, that He stands at the head of it and that we are at the front
lines of it's hastening. There is no better time to be a missionary.
Happy New Year!!
I love y'all. Keep being the best.  Keep the emails coming. :)
Love, Sister Webber























No comments:

Post a Comment